There is no way to exactly predict the exact data consumption of one particular device based on its configuration file. Please note, that this solution have very poor accuracy.
However, Device Center offers a way to roughly estimate the consumption.
1- Download, install and open Device Center
2-Click on Configure device. This option can not be used via advanced mode.
a) Connect the device with USB cable;
b) Create configuration without device, if You are going to upload configuration remotely.
4- After filling the essential information for Connection settings, Engine detection, click on Location Accuracy.
5- At the Update rate section, if You click on drop-down menu, You will be able to select location update rate frequency, options and estimated data consumption, can be:
- High– at least twice a minute when driving (3-7 MB/month on average)
- Medium– at least once a minute when driving (2-5 MB/month on average)
- Low– at least once every two minutes when driving (1-3 MB/month on average)
- Custom – configure parameters, to define how often the data should be updated:
- Ignition off (s)– set how often the location should be updated when the ignition is off. Default value:3600s
- Distance travelled (m)– set how far the vehicle should travel to update the location. Default value:500m
- Ignition on (s)– set how often the location should be updated when the ignition is on. Default value:60s
- Angle turned (deg)– set how far the vehicle should turn to update the location. Default value:15deg
Estimated data consumption can be viewed, by dragging mouse on information sign Ⓘ
More information about Device center functionalities can be found here:
More information about estimated data consumption options, can be found here: