Device Center might not always run as expected, or might not seem to detect the connected devices for configuration.
Below is a list of the common steps you must take in order to tackle such issues.
The Device Center supports only Windows 7/8/10 operating systems.
First of all, I would advise you to update all settings and drivers:
1- Download and reinstall the Device Center to the newest version found in:
2- Download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework to use the Device Center.
3- Download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package:
- x86 architecture:
- x64 architecture:
4- Download and install the appropriate drivers:
Important! Delete your old drivers before installing the new ones, do not just overwrite!
If after all that the connection does not work, try the following:
- Try connecting to the device from the Advanced Mode (or simple mode if it applies)
- Try to use a new USB cable from a "trusted manufacturer" (or at least use the same cable that trackers have successfully connected to). If possible, try using a shorter cable as well.
- Try using a different computer, if possible, a desktop computer.
- Try connecting the device to an external (12V) power source while running the process.
If despite all of the above, issues persist, please, acquire the following information and pass to support to open a consultation to FWP:
- Describe the exact nature of the problem and if you tried points 1-4 above and the result you got each time. Include also:
- Error logs, screenshots or videos if possible.
- PC model and Operating System you are using.
- Tell if it is only one particular device that is having the problems, if it is, please, provide:
- IMEI number of said device.
- FW version of said device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.