|5th Generation Devices||4th Generation Devices|
|Tco4 HCV||Tco4 LCV||Pro4||Eco4||Eco4 S/T||Plug4|
It is used to repeatedly transmit the same data to two servers.
How it works
When activated, the same data is repeatedly transmitted to another server with IP2 and Port2, unless a timeout occurs. IP1 is the primary server, it sends acknowledgment (ACK) packets when it receives records. After the ACK packet is received, the record is considered as successfully transmitted to the server and it is deleted from the device memory.
Only records are sent to the server with IP2. Other data packets, such as Transparent Channel, Tachograph, SD card, and Garmin will not be sent to the second server.
Scenarios when data cannot be sent to the IP2 server:
- If the connection to the IP1 server is not established, the device does not connect to the IP2 server as well.
- If the connection to the IP1 server is established, but the IP2 server is unavailable after an ACK packet from IP1 is received, the data will be deleted from the device memory. This may result in data loss in the IP2 server.
The Two servers mode doubles the amount of data that is being sent and may incur additional costs.
- Enter IP1 and Port1 of the first server.
- Enter IP2 and Port2 of the second server.
- Tick the Two servers checkbox to enable the functionality.
If two servers checkbox is not ticked:
Data packets are being sent to IP 1, but for some reason, the data fails to be sent to IP 1 and the ACK from the server is not received, then the device starts sending data only to IP 2 forever if IP 2 sends ACK, unless it is restarted. if server 2 is also not responding device will try to connect to IP 1 again.
If two servers checkbox is ticked:
Data packets are being sent to both servers. But the device only guarantees delivery to IP 1. It will only resend the data to the first server if it will not receive ACK from it. If it does not receive ACK from IP 2, the data packet sending will not be repeated to IP 2.
Note: only records are sent to the server with IP2. Other data packets, such as Transparent Channel, Tachograph, SD card, and Garmin will not be sent to the second server.
More information is available here: Two Servers (doc).