Description: The customer has set up Tachograph App for remote DDD downloads correctly before, the Company card is connected but it is not being displayed on TrustTrack2.
1. Ask the client to check the settings in the tachograph app and whether the company card is connected for sure.
2. Restart the app (Right-click on the icon, select "Exit" and launch the app again):
In most cases, restarting the app resolves the issue. In case it does not help, continue further.
3. Check the server settings in Tachograph App (example shows TrustTrack server):
Note: very old versions (1.0.13 and below) of tachograph app may have old server settings (with an IP address instead of the new one).
4. In case all settings are correct but company card is still not visible, continue with the troubleshooting:
5. If possible, disconnect all smart card readers and cards from the PC. This step is not necessary but strongly recommended to avoid misunderstandings.
6. Right-click on the Start menu and open Device manager in Windows:
7. Connect the Company card reader (in case it was disconnected). The reader will appear under category "Smart card readers". In most cases, "OMNIKEY 3x21" or "Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard Reader" is displayed:
- Other compatible smart card reading devices ("Alcor" and similar) may work as well, as long as they are displayed under category "Smart card readers".
- There are some special tacho card readers that look like an external storage device in the "Computer" folder - these are usually not compatible.
- In case client is using "Lisle Design" company card reader (big rack with 30-120 company card slots available), follow instructions here;
8. Connect company card to the reader, it should appear as "Unknown Smart Card":
In case the card is not visible, ask the client to flip the card (maybe it was inserted on the wrong side, microchip should be facing upwards).
- In case the Smart card was not recognized and "Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard Reader" is displayed, you may need to install device drivers from the manufacturer's website. Link for OMNIKEY HID drivers.
- Windows 10 (and above, possibly) has a limitation of 9 Smart cards connected at one time.
After installation, you may need to restart the Tachograph App (or restart the client's PC).
9. The card should be recognized by the Tachograph App:
Expected result: The issue is resolved, and the TrustTrack2 shows the company card connected:
Please sign in to leave a comment.